Sat, Jan 01|
The Pelican Plunge
Register at Noon and Event at 1pm
Time & Location
Jan 01, 2022, 1:00 PM
Lighthouse Area, Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina 29920, USA
About the event
Join friends and neighbors as we plunge into the refreshing waters of the Atlantic on New Year’s Day. Enjoy hot beverages, snacks, and our fun costume parade—more outrageous every year.
- Registration is at 11:30–12 Noon, Plunge at 1 PM
- Register online and receive your ticket via email
- Each registrant receives an “I Took the Plunge” sticker and two coupons worth $1 each to purchase refreshments— sweet snack, hot cocoa, and coffee
- Souvenir Pelican Plunge T-shirts will be on sale at the gift shop
- Park entry fee is not included in the registration fee, however, January 1, 2022, is the last day to use your 2021 Friends of Hunting Island decal for park entry
- Purchase your 2022 membership and decal at the Pelican Plunge
The Pelican Plunge is one of our favorite annual events. Proceeds benefit Friends Hunting Island in our work to support the park environmental efforts. Ask us about our sea turtle conservation project, which protects the sea turtles who nest on Hunting Island each year.